The Denver Alumnae Chapter was founded on March 22, 1940 and is located in the state of Colorado, in Xi C Province, Region 1. Our members come from over 30 distinct collegiate chapters and our initiation dates span from the 1940s-2010s.
Members of the Denver Alumnae Chapter of Sigma Alpha Iota are heavily involved in the cultural fabric of Colorado, pursuing passions in everything from teaching to performance to administration. While some of our day jobs may not be in music or the arts, we continue to hold music and SAI near and dear to our hearts through affiliation with this chapter.
Outreach & Projects
- Some of our sisters serve as advisors to the Sigma Upsilon Collegiate chapter of SAI, located at the Lamont School of Music, University of Denver.
- We actively participate in the growth of our province; in 2017, we assisted with the installation of the Mu Tau collegiate chapter of SAI, located at Colorado State University.
- Members of our chapter perform at The Gathering Place on a bi-monthly basis.
- A number of our meetings are held at retirement or community centers, and local residents are invited to the musicale portion of our meetings.
- We administer the Dr. JoAnne Kyhl Memorial Performance Competition, held on an annual basis.
- We support causes near and dear to our heart through philanthropy, including but not limited to SAI Philanthropies, Inc., Central City Opera, and The Gathering Place.
We would love to collaborate with local organizations on service projects! Feel free to contact us with any opportunities.